Labels

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Reviewsday Tuesday: The week that was...

I know I usually do book reviews, maybe movie reviews. But today I'm reviewing last week. Because just LOOK!!


WE DID IT!! WE PERFORMED A FULL LENGTH MUSICAL!! THREE TIMES!!!

I'm not going to say it went perfectly, because I would be lying. But overall, we did an awesome job. We've become so close over the past semester working on the musical and I've made lots of new friends. Now the task is to say hi to the cast whenever we walk past them.

Although that doesn't happen with CAPA students. No, we go over the top. For instance, the boy who played my son, Randolph, in the musical walked past and I yelled "Randolph" at him, he just just "Mum!" Right back. That's how CAPA students roll guys...


I'm so proud of everyone involved, we pulled it off in just under a semester and everyone who saw it said it was awesome and everyone who didn't see it missed out. It is an amazing show. It has big chorus numbers with some really catchy tunes that we're still singing now. Which is surprising. You think we'd be over it by now. Right? NOPE! But it was amazing, it's an amazing musical and yeah. I seem to be saying amazing a lot.


The cast is seriously amazing, despite a lot of stress and people not listening and everyone getting on people's nerves, everyone is amazing and I've made some good friends.


 LAST POINT! As a general finishing point, it was awesome and Thursday night, our closing night, I won't deny it, I got emotional. It had been a long night it was probably the toughest show we did. I was stressed, tired and it was over. We had done it a semester worth of rehearsals, mental breakdowns and general stress, we had done it, it was over. And I wasn't the only one, there were probably four of us. It was emotional.


Sorry for all the photos but I need to share the amazing-ness. There was also an article written about us, which you can see here-MORE PHOTOS.

Thanks for bearing with me the past, really 6 months, but the past two weeks.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)