Labels

Sunday 11 May 2014

Reviewsday Tuesday: The Mortal Instruments

I felt like I needed to do a non John Green related review. And I have a lot to say about these series.

I just want to address something quickly. There have been rumours going around that Cassandra Clare, author of the Mortal Instruments series, plagiarised ideas for her best selling novels. Now, from my information, if she was basing it off anything, it was a Harry Potter fan fiction SHE wrote. I don't want to hear your opinion on the matter, Sorry. I just wanted to address that I know that this has been going around and I don't want to hear people hating the books because of it, because I love them. Now, back to the review. 

I love this series, I just pre-ordered the next book which comes out in a couple of weeks. (I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!) And it was only $10 to pre-order on Kindle. BOOYEAH! 

I have fallen in love with the Shadowhunter world and all the characters in it. In the coming weeks I'm going to be rehashing everything that happened in the series before I read the last one. Because ITS THE LAST ONE! 

But there's going to be three more series so it's okay. ;)

There's just something about this series that makes me want to come back for more. It may be the fact that I've always had a love of fantasy and this series bring the fantasy into the real world. Or the fact that it has (in my opinion) that perfect balance of action and romance. Or that it's filled with plot twists and the fact that it blends so well with 'The Infernal Devices'.*

The series is going to be six books, although it can be split into two trilogies pretty easily. Although I don't recommend reading the second half first or anything.

Overall, a brilliant series. I'd definitely recommend it.

Happy Reviewsday Tuesday.

*Seperate review to be done later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)