Labels

Friday 14 February 2014

The Joys of Summer

I think that there is a misconception about the idea of summer. People often think of it as fun at the beach, barbecues, holidays, hanging out with friends, going swimming... When really it's really just, heat, sun and sunburn then, if your luck, maybe, a tan.

Call me pessimistic or a crazed lunatic for being out in the sun all day and having minor heat stroke but hey, who cares.

*** THE NEXT DAY***

Yesterday I had my annual swimming carnival and it was an absolutely GREAT day. I swam in 2 competitive races and the participation swims. I also got to spend the whole day taking photos for our school magazine.

Wondering why I was such a pessimist afterwards. Well sunscreen works against sunburn, not so much dehydration. It turns out I hadn't had enough water during the day and I was a little bit pink on the cheeks and shoulders. Hello, heatstroke.

For those who have not experienced it. It's not fun. I came home, showered, gulped down three glasses of water and just stayed on my bed with my laptop until dinner, and even then I didn't want to get up.

But I've pretty much just whined this whole post and now I feel like I shouldn't publish it but, I'm going to anyway and I hope you all have a great weekend.

Happy Friday. (TGIF)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace,

    Thanks very much for joining Teenage-Blogger-Central! I see you took one of our link badges, so thanks very much for that too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I love your website and have been introduced to a lot of new blogs from it. So I should be saying thanks to you! :)

      Delete

Stay Amazing. :)