Labels

Thursday 20 February 2014

Musical Mayhem.

We're putting on a musical! Bye Bye Birdie to be exact. 

Okay, so that was reeeeaaally enthusiastic and I kinda scared myself a little but there it is in a nutshell. Our school is performing Bye Bye Birdie in late May or June. 

We had our first rehearsal today and, oh boy, this is going to be fun. Today could also be described as hanging out with most if my friends since we make up most of the cast but it was still really fun. It was only our first rehearsal so we only read through the script and listened to a few of the songs but it was... Interesting. 

For those who were wondering I am playing Mrs. MacAfee and if your not familiar with the storyline, I'm one of the main characters mothers. (You thought I was going to say I am a main character. Didn't you?) But although I'm not a huge role I still sing a few songs and have a few good chunks of dialogue. (That I have to memorise. Yay...) And another perk is that I'm considered a 'principle' and get to see all the rehearsals. Yay! Most of today I was laughing at the jokes the cast (and teacher) were making and attempting not to laugh when I had to read my lines. 

As an insight, one of the continuing jokes throughout the rehearsal was Kim (main teen role) had to say "Conrad Birdie" 'huskily'... That then stemmed into the actress playing Kim to continually say the line, getting more awkward (or should I say sexual) each time. So then every time someone said "Conrad Birdie" it got a little bit weird. But I'm really bad at explaining and it was one of those 'had I be there' moments. 

Anyway. I'll be keeping you all posted on how it goes. I get my script next week! 

Happy Thursday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay Amazing. :)